Constantly developing and improving its services, Blom Bank Group provides universal banking services that meet its' clients needs. These services include: Commercial Banking, Corporate Banking, Private and Investment Banking, Asset Management, Retail Banking, Islamic Banking and Insurance products and services.
Blom Bank's strategy is based on the expansion in the region and the diversification of its services to become a leading regional bank while continuing to ensure peace of mind to its customers and stakeholders.
In fact, as one of the oldest established banks in Lebanon, if not the region, Blom Bank has always been at the centre of the country's banking system. Its universal banking services revolve around trust and credibility, built with its clients through long-term personal relationships, integrity, and the strong results that it has consistently delivered. And the bank's renowned conservative management has paid off over the years: for decades, Blom has been the most profitable and among the largest banks in Lebanon. It is proud to have become its clients' preferred banking partner, meeting all their financial needs and making it the lender that provides “peace of mind”.
Throughout the years, Blom Bank has also maintained a track record of exceptional performance. On the one hand, Blom's operational and managerial efficiency has enabled it to maintain in 2009 the lowest cost–to-income ratio among its peers at 35.47 percent. Blom Bank's profit increased by a CAGR of 17 percent to reach $293m by 2009, the highest in Lebanon. Blom Bank has the highest return on equity increasing at a CAGR of 21 percent. In addition, assets increased at a CAGR of 16 percent to a total of 20.719bn and customer deposits increased at a CAGR of 19 percent to a total of $18bn at end 2009.
Moreover, Blom's consolidated Basel II Capital Adequacy reflected solid solvency with ratio of 12.61 percent by June of this year, well beyond the international minimum of 8 percent. Additionally, Tier I Capital increased by 11.9 percent to $1.6m from end 2009, attributed mainly to increase in retained profits. In fact, the Bank's policy is to strike a balance with respect to maximising shareholder value without compromising its Tier I capital growth.
Blom Bank has a presence in the following 12 countries: Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, UAE, France, UK, Switzerland, Romania, Cyprus, Egypt, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia. Blom Bank conducts worldwide operations, either directly or through its subsidiaries: Bank of Syria and Overseas, Blom Bank France, Blom Bank (Switzerland), Blom Bank Egypt, Blom Egypt Securities, Blom Bank Qatar, Blom Invest Saudi Arabia, Blominvest Bank, Blom Development Bank (Islamic Bank), Arope Insurance, Arope Syria Insuarance, Arope Egypt Insurance. In its drive to diversify its revenue base and enrich its asset class, the bank is prioritising its expansion by adopting an organic growth policy. To this end, the bank is capitalising on its competitive edge in terms of common language and existing relationships to strengthen its foothold in the region and beyond.
Recognition for Blom Bank
– Best Bank in the Middle East for 2009 from The Banker
– Best Bank in the Middle East for 2009 from Banker Middle East
– Best Bank in Lebanon for 2009 from The Banker
– Best Bank in Lebanon for 2009 from Global finance
– Best Banking Group in Lebanon for 2009 from World Finance
– Best Bank in Lebanon for 2009 from Emea Finance
– No 1 banking brand in Lebanon for 2010 from The Banker
– Best Trade Finance Bank in Lebanon for 2010 from Global Finance
– Best Foreign Exchange Bank in Lebanon for 2010 from Global Finance
– Best Trade Finance Bank in Lebanon for 2009 from Emea Finance
– The Strongest Bank in Lebanon for 2009 from The Asian Banker
– Best Lebanon Web Awards for 2010 from Pan Arab Web Awards Academy
– Best Mutual Fund in the Middle East for 2009 from Banker Middle East
– Best Investment Advisory Service in the Middle East for 2009 from Banker Middle East
– Best Brokerage Award for 2009 from Emea Finance
– Best Balanced Fund Award for 2010 from MENA FM